The 3rd Enrich Youth Forum
"Youth and ASEAN Integration"
Enrich Youth Forum is Enrich's initiative created to bring together youth, researchers and practitioners in one of the largest youth events in the country. The forum provides a platform for youth to learn and share from senior researchers and practitioners and especially from one another. From such learning, the forum aims to inspire and empower youth to improve themselves and contribute to the society. The forum is hosted once a year, with different theme for each year. Depending on the theme, the forum include a combination activities such as presentation, panel discussion, competition, role play and performance, exhibition, study tour and field visit, etc.
After successfully hosted its 1st and 2nd Forum, Enrich Youth is proud to organize its 3rd youth forum under the theme “Youth and ASEAN Integration” on November 16, 2014. Cambodia is to be integrated into ASEAN community in 2015. ASEAN integration presents both opportunities and challenges for Cambodia, one of the least developed members in the region. Cambodia’s relatively low wages are likely to attract more foreign investment. However, the free movement of labor poses tough challenges for the Cambodian workforce as they will have to compete for jobs with their foreign counterparts. Many Cambodian students have already expressed their fear of not being able to find jobs after graduation. Many analysts say that youth are ill prepared for ASEAN integration and urgent policy are needed help Cambodia youth be ready to grab the opportunities.
- Provide a platform for youth to share their perspective on ASEAN integration
- Discuss what the implication of ASEAN integration on youth, challenges and opportunities
- Explore the necessary preparation that youth should make to be ready to seize the opportunities from the integration
- Keynote address H.E Dr. Hang Chuon Naron, Minister, Ministry of Education Youth and Sport
- Plenary presentation Mr. Chan Sophal, Former President of Economic Association of Cambodia
- Video screening: youth’s perspective on ASEAN integration
- Penal discussion: ASEAN integration: challenges, opportunities and preparation- ASEAN song performance by youth
- Ms. Vong Socheata, Governance specialist, USAID
- Mr. Soth Nimol, Program Officer (Education and Youth), UNESCO Cambodia
- Mr. Cheunboran Chanborey, ASEM-Desk Officer, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
- Mr. Heng Pheakdey, Founder of Enrich Institute
The forum was participated by 520 people including representatives from embassy, development partners, local and international NGOs, private sector, the media and students from 30 different schools in Cambodia.
Keynote address H.E Dr. Hang Chuon Naron, Minister, Ministry of Education Youth and Sport
Opening Remark by Mr. Heng Pheakdey, Founder of Enrich Institute and Welcome remark by Dr. Marc Derveeuw G.L., UNFPA Representative, Cambodia office and Mr. James Brooke, Editor-in-chief, the Khmer Times.
Panel Discussion: ASEAN integration: opportunity, challenges and preparation for youth
Plenary presentation: ASEAN integration: what it means for Cambodia by Mr. Chan Sophal, former president of Cambodia Economic Association
Participants asking questions to the panelists
ASEAN song performed by Enrich Youth
Enrich Youth Leadership Award 2014 and Certificate of Active Youth 2014
Our hard-working and enthusiastic organizing team
Enrich Youth Forum in the media
Minister: Cambodia Needs Skilled Workers, Khmer Times